Type of Employment: Full time Permanent
Salary: Very attractive
Location: Accra, Ghana
Oduma Solutions Ltd (OSL) is looking to fulfill a role within the Security Operations Center. In this role, you will have potential to influence operational excellence. This role requires the ability to work independently on daily security operational tasks. This position requires a deep, yet broad technical knowledge of tools, technologies and end user solutions, an eye for critical details while troubleshooting issues, and a fundamental understanding of core IT infrastructure. The ideal candidate should be able to deal with ambiguity, have the technical breadth to find negotiated solutions in complex and high-pressure situations.
- Manage the strategic and tactical objectives of the organization.
- Ensure that daily operations are executed in accordance with documented process and procedures.
- Create and manage the process improvement program for SOC processes, procedures and frameworks.
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, excellent report writing skills, create or adopt good templates.
- Incidence reporting and be able to comfortably work with all levels in the organization
- Capable of building SOC SOPs, processes and procedures
- Manages projects, complicated network security and vulnerability issues
- Engage in the planning, organizing and management of security, disaster recovery and similar functions related to OSL and its customer’s infrastructure
- Demonstrated ability to use problem solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve issues.
- Ensuring that our monitoring team is adequately staffed to monitor and respond to incidents
- Identify, manage and/or escalate roadblocks that may jeopardize security monitoring operations, infrastructure and/or SLA’s
- Identify chronic operational and security issues and ensure that they are managed appropriately
- Conduct career mentoring in conjunction with monthly, quarterly and annual review processes
- Document and track analyst training requirements
- Understand security principles, defenses, vulnerabilities, intruder techniques, root cause and incident analysis
- Ability to manage and lead multiple teams during a security incident
- Be involved in the Incidence response plan
- Fundamental understanding of network protocols
- Familiarity with Unix and Windows operating systems and administrative tools
- Understanding of the components that comprise a successful information security program
- Familiarity with secure engineering principles, risk management, technical information security testing, and classified environments
- Understanding of security controls for common platforms and devices, including Windows, Unix, Linux, and network equipment
- Technical background in incident response, malware analysis, development, or systems administration
- At least 7 years of experience working in IT security, information security, or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience managing a SOC, incident response team
- Excellent knowledge of cybersecurity principles, frameworks, and technologies, including SIEM, IDS/IPS, DLP, and vulnerability management tools.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, protocols, and security procedures.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with compliance frameworks, such as GDPR, PCI DSS, and HIPAA.
- Experience with managing security incidents and conducting root cause analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- CISSP, CISM, or other security certifications are preferred.
- BSc required, MS and/or industry certifications preferred
- Information Security Certification(s), such as CISSP, CISA, CISM strongly desired
If you’re an experienced SOC Manager looking for a challenging and rewarding role, we encourage you to apply today! HR@odumagroup.com