SOC Analyst Level 1
SOC Analyst Level 1
Type of Employment: Full time Permanent
Location: Accra, Ghana
This is an excellent opportunity that offers the ability to make a significant impact to Oduma SOC-as-
a-Service Managed Service customers’ IT security. The role is perfect for a recent graduate
from relevant discipline (Cyber Security, Digital Forensics) or someone who has gained exposure to
cyber security through work within similar roles. Working with an established team and reporting
to Security Operations Centre Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for
the proactive management of IT security incident tickets assigned to them from the SIEM and other
security products ensuring accuracy and efficacy in recording all information to relevant parties;
other key responsibilities include product assessments to ensure correctness in their operation and
alerting, whitelisting of false positives within security and SIEM tooling and creation of KPI reporting
to customers. The role offers unique opportunities to someone who wishes to embark and / or
further their career within cyber security. Oduma places great emphasis on the development and
nurturing of its employee’s professional development, skills and abilities.
- Perform security monitoring as part of 24/7 shift rota.
- Monitor security incidents received from SIEM and other security tooling
- Carry out level 1 triage of assigned security incidents within appropriate skill level
- Carry out incident response on low complexity security incidents.
- Investigate potential security incidents to determine if they are genuine threats or false positives. This involves analysing logs, network traffic, and other sources of data to understand the scope and nature of the incident
- Document incident details, including the scope, nature, and potential impact of the incident
- Assist SOC staff with incident response on medium complexity security incidents.
- Escalate security incidents to Level 2 or Level 3 analyst as needed.
- Ensure service excellence for all Service Delivery and Incident Response services.
- Maintain assigned ticket queue
- Performing security and risk analysis to pinpoint vulnerabilities.
- Familiarity with common security tools such as SIEM, firewalls, IDS/IPS, and antivirus/anti-malware systems.
• Knowledge of security concepts and principles such as threat intelligence, incident response, and risk management.
• Knowledge of administration on Unix, Linux, or Windows
• Knowledge of: Anomaly detection, Privilege Escalation, Vulnerability Analysis
• Familiarity with Linux.
• Understanding of: Log Analysis, Networking Fundamentals, Kill Chain
• Experience with: REST APIs, SQL.
• Able to understand business requirements and transform technical specifications.
• Collaboration – Experience and willingness to working in a team.
• A tenacious, analytical, problem solver.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and handle multiple tasks and incidents simultaneously.
• Good communication skills, including the ability to articulate technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
• Attention to detail and ability to follow established procedures and protocols.
• Experience with at least one SIEM
• Understanding of programming
• Presenting improvement strategies to clients to improve company security
security systems regularly to avoid any potential cyberattacks
• Performing security audits
• Qualifications such as : CompTIA Network+, Security+ or CASP, CYSA, Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate, Degree in a relevant discipline (Cyber Security, Digital Forensics)
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience in the security or IT field.
If you’re a right fit for this role, we encourage you to apply today! HR@odumagroup.com